The $250,000 bass guitar, The Ritter Royal Flora Aurum, was built by Jens Ritter, a luthier, or stringed instrument maker, from Germany. This luxurious bass has a body carved from a rare, solid piece of maple while the nut is carved from 10,000-year-old mammoth ivory.
In this way, how expensive is a bass guitar?
Price: The price of a bass guitar can range wildly — from under $150 to $1,500 or higher. When choosing a bass guitar, keep your budget and mind and how much you’re willing to spend. There are plenty of great starter bass guitars and many of these lower-priced options are still quality instruments.
In this manner, is bass harder than guitar? In Conclusion. So to conclude, as a beginner it is almost universally accepted that the bass is easier than guitar. You will be able to play famous songs much quicker and mistakes should come about less often.
Likewise, is bass used in rock?
Heavy metal bass is the use of the bass guitar (also called “electric bass”) in the rock music genres of heavy metal and hard rock. The bassist is part of the rhythm section in a heavy metal band, along with the drummer, rhythm guitarist and, in some bands, a keyboard player.
Is it hard to play bass guitar?
The bass guitar is as difficult to learn as nearly any other musical instrument. With the proper amount of dedicated time learning and practicing, you can easily master the fundamental aspects. While the guitar tends to primarily play a melodic role within music, the bass guitar has a more foundational role.
Best Bass Brands
- Fender. Fender makes great basses. …
- Ibanez. Another major bass maker is Ibanez. …
- Ernie Ball Music Man. Another high-quality bass brand is Music Man by Ernie Ball. …
- Yamaha. Another giant in the bass world is Yamaha. …
- Rickenbacker. …
- Gibson. …
- Schecter. …
Best Color for a Bass Guitar?
- Blood Red. 4 vote(s) 5.2%
- White. 11 vote(s) 14.3%
- Dark Blue. 1 vote(s) 1.3%
- Black. 15 vote(s) 19.5%
- Light Blue. 5 vote(s) 6.5%
- Brown. 1 vote(s) 1.3%
- Black. 12 vote(s) 15.6%
- Wood (texture) 13 vote(s) 16.9%
1. Fender Precision Bass. At the top of the list is the Fender Precision Bass, commonly referred to as the P Bass. P Basses are incredibly popular and are likely the best selling electric bass of all time, although that fact is very difficult to prove.
The most expensive electric guitar in the world is Kurt Cobain’s 1969 Fender Mustang in Lake Placid Blue which he played in the video for Smell Like Teen Spirit. It sold in May 2022 for a cool $4.5 million USD.
We’ve put together a list of some of the top bass guitars loved by rock & roll legends.
- Fender Jazz Bass — John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin.
- Fender Precision Bass — James Jamerson’s Motown Recordings.
- Gibson EB-3 — Jack Bruce.
- Rickenbacker 4001S — Paul McCartney.
- Guild Starfire — Jack Casady of Jefferson Airplane.
11 Of The Greatest And Most Famous Bass Singers Of All Time
- Barry White.
- Johnny Cash.
- Boris Christoff.
- J.D. Sumner.
- Leonard Cohen.
- Tim Storms.
- Ray Davies.
- Josh Turner.
With an incredible total of 2,221 individual recording credits as of 15 September 2015, legendary American musician Ronald Levin Carter aka Ron Carter (USA, b. 1937) has certainly earned his Guinness World Records title as the Most recorded jazz bassist in history.